Pilates is a simple and effective way to tone your body, and improve your overall strength and flexibility. It works on all muscle groups by stretching and strengthening different muscle groups at the same time. Start your session with some basic exercises and you will see results quickly. Here are 12 best Pilates DVDs for beginners, intermediate and advanced students:
Pilates is a great way to get fit, so if you’ve been trying to lose weight, it’s a great exercise to add in. If you’re a beginner, you can use videos as a guide, but as you become more advanced, you may want to buy a DVD that instructs you on the correct technique, as well as giving you more of a workout.
Pilates is a revolutionary form of exercise that will help you tone your body and help it to lengthen. It is widely recognized as one of the best exercises because of the benefits it gives. Today, you can try a pilates regular classes or a pilates mat classes to get the best body you have ever had.Even if you’re not a fitness fanatic, you’ve probably heard of a workout called Pilates. This exercise serves to stabilize and strengthen the diaphragm. Pilates has gained popularity and become an essential part of weight loss programs, both in the gym and at home, thanks to the best Pilates DVDs. Many celebrities around the world are full of praise for the effectiveness of what seems like a simple workout, but in fact requires a lot of precision and control. If you want to try Pilates or if you are an advanced Pilates student and are looking for the right Pilates DVD for your home workout, you have come to the right place. We review the 12 best Pilates DVDs for you.
Pilates and your health
When you sign up for a Pilates class, it usually lasts 45 minutes to an hour. Beginners should perform fewer movements in less time until they become familiar with the different movement sequences. The workout focuses on the core, but also strengthens and tones the arms and legs. Through various postures and movements, you can activate the trunk and learn to control your limbs to perform precise movements. Pilates is not primarily a weight loss workout, although you will sweat more than you think. This workout is designed to help you get stronger, increase your endurance, improve your flexibility and get the sculpted muscles you’ve always wanted. Working out at home with a Pilates DVD on an exercise mat is a simple, yet effective way to exercise without a gym membership. For those who don’t have a regular schedule or don’t have time to go to the gym regularly, a Pilates workout on DVD is the perfect solution. Just get your mat ready and turn on the Pilates workout DVD to work out in the comfort of your home.
Best Pilates DVD Comparison Guide
Best Pilates DVD buying guide
You will want to buy the best Pilates DVD that meets your needs. The DVD isn’t expensive, but it’s not worth spending money on a workout that doesn’t fit your training level. The number of options can be overwhelming, as there are many that claim to be the best Pilates DVD. When you select a DVD, you can always check whether it is marked as beginner, advanced or expert. The environment should also be interesting for you. The author of the workout is another factor, as you want the moves on your Pilates DVD to be taught by experienced instructors.
Test of the best Pilates DVD
We’ve compiled a list of DVDs worth watching and created a review for you.
1. Pilates for beginners with Christine McGee
This is a great Pilates workout for beginners that combines corrective body movements to help you improve posture, get a slimmer figure and build strength. The DVD is one hour long. The beginner program consists of two 10-minute workouts and two 20-minute workouts that can be combined into a more challenging Pilates workout as you progress. Duration: 60 minutes in total For
- The training is divided into 4 easy-to-follow segments. In one segment, the beginner will learn the basic techniques of pairing.
- Christine McGee provides step-by-step instructions on how to perform each movement. Each movement is explained so you know why you are doing a particular movement and how it will benefit you.
- If you follow the workout videos correctly, you can expect a tighter body, tighter muscles, increased flexibility and endurance, and much more.
- It’s not meant to make you lose weight, but you will look slimmer and have a healthier body after just a few weeks of following the video.
- This training DVD is suitable for beginners. Advanced Pilates students will find the program too easy and not challenging enough.
With 8 bonus moves and training tips, you’re sure to get a lot out of this video. The author of this program is none other than Christine McGee. She is a master Pilates instructor with Reebok, The Sports Club LA and others. She loves to let everyone enjoy the benefits of this type of training. Use this video to start your Pilates journey with simple, straightforward instructions. Learn all the Pilates techniques and movements you need to tone and strengthen your entire body.
2. Denise Austin: Basic training based on the work of J.H. Pilates
This is probably one of the best Pilates DVDs, although it is quite old. Pilates enthusiasts say it’s good for people who can’t run, jump or turn quickly, or for people with back problems – but who still want to live healthy. The program is based on the teachings of Joseph Humbert Pilates. As a child he was sickly and suffered from asthma, rickets and rheumatic fever. He was determined to get stronger and healthier. He studied anatomy, gymnastics, Western exercise, Zen and yoga and developed Pilates, which incorporated various elements of other body-strengthening programs. Duration: 52 minutes For
- These are timeless classics that people buy to replace the old ones they have.
- Compared to other programs, it closely follows the teachings of JH Pilates.
- You should not spend too much time on the training program.
- The movements and positions are relatively simple, but complex.
- People 60 and older can also use this DVD to accompany their Pilates workouts.
- The program itself is fun and the instructor, Denise Austin, is fun and positive.
- There are more modern Pilates workouts on DVD that you can try, but this workout is still a staple in many people’s workouts.
Denise Austin is a respected author and fitness trainer. She teaches yoga and Pilates classes to people who want to develop strength, balance, flexibility, proper breathing and focus. She believes that step-by-step instruction better conveys the proper Pilates workout, making it even more effective. Austin also believes that anyone can do Pilates, regardless of age. She believes we should stay fit naturally, control our portions instead of skipping meals, and exercise for 30 minutes every day.
3. Pop Pilates Full Body Workout with Casey Ho
If you’ve heard of POP Pilates and are curious how it works, or if you’re looking for new ways to get lean and healthy, this DVD is for you. A regular workout routine can become repetitive and boring. That’s why it’s useful to find alternatives to keep things interesting. You probably already know that Pilates was developed by J.H. Pilates. This form of exercise combines yoga with martial arts to improve strength, flexibility, coordination, posture and endurance. All you need to start Pilates is a mat and a positive attitude. A popular form of Pilates is Pop Pilates. This workout involves turning up the music and doing exercises you would do in a normal Pilates class. There is no particular music that is played, it depends mainly on the preferences of the participants and the instructor. It could be the latest pop hits or other uplifting music that puts you in a good mood. If you are interested in Pilates but also want to have fun, try Pop Pilates. Pop Pilates Total Body Workout with Casey Ho is a great alternative to the serious Pilates DVDs you already own. Duration: 60 minutes For
- Compared to the first two DVDs mentioned, this is a more recent video and a more modern approach to Pilates.
- Pop Pilates is fun, to say the least, and this DVD shows you how Pilates can be such a fun workout.
- Casey Ho knows how to cheer up any audience.
- The music is perfect for motivating you to do your entire workout.
- This is a full body workout, with the end result being a slim, streamlined body.
- If you are a school that only teaches JH Pilates, you will not feel comfortable practicing to loud music.
Casey Ho is a YouTube fitness star and certified fitness instructor. His exuberant personality will keep you engaged and entertained during the 60-minute workout.
4. Pilates – basic training for beginners
This DVD is ideal for getting started with Pilates mat work. Many Pilates movements can put pressure on joints and bones, so you train with an exercise mat. On this DVD, Ana Caban teaches her viewers body shaping exercises on a mat that are suitable for all beginners. Duration: 60 minutes For
- Ana Kaban is an excellent teacher who makes all classes interesting and motivating.
- This level is ideal for beginners learning to use the treadmill.
- Each movement is taught step by step, explaining its purpose and what you can achieve with it.
- This DVD is only suitable for beginners in Pilates and possibly some advanced students.
Ana Caban is a respected fitness instructor and practices Peak Pilates. The guru of the good life inspires many. It teaches how anyone can live a balanced, healthy and good life. Caban is one of the leading fitness experts in the United States and has sold over 4,000,000 of his award-winning fitness DVDs.
5. Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners
If Pilates is new to you and you want to work out to lose weight, you should try this workout on DVD. The program is designed to burn calories, while Pilates provides benefits such as muscle toning, core strengthening and improved flexibility. It is essentially a combination of cardio and Pilates exercises on a mat. You can expect to achieve focus, control and precision and lose fat and pounds in just a few weeks of video training. And with the beautiful location they’ve chosen, it’s not hard to get excited about this training. With views of the Pacific Ocean, you will never tire of watching this Pilates workout DVD. Duration: 51 minutes For
- The locations are breathtakingly beautiful and viewers will remain glued to their seats because it’s just a joy to watch.
- The workout consists of gentle, low-impact movements that are ideal for beginners.
- This program focuses on strengthening, toning and slimming the entire body.
- A low-impact routine is not suitable for all Pilates practitioners. This video is only suitable for beginners.
Brooke Siler is the author and instructor of this training video. She is a second generation Pilates instructor who has worked with Madonna and Kirsten Dunst, among others. She is also the author of several books that have become New York Times bestsellers.
6. Winsor Pilates Basic 3 DVD workout
This Pilates video workout consists of three discs and is designed to correct your body shape faster than any other Pilates session or routine. Disc 1 contains the basic principles of Pilates and seven exercises that are considered the foundation of all Pilates workouts and suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced students. It also includes a 3D workout that makes it easy for viewers to learn proper form and breathing. Disc 2 is 26 minutes long and includes a 20 minute workout that you should do daily to correct your figure and make your body slimmer. The 20 minutes a day won’t get in the way of your busy schedule, so you won’t find an excuse not to do it every day. A quick but effective treatment that tightens and firms your buttocks and thighs. It also works the core muscles and helps flatter the abdomen. Disc 3 is a 57 minute DVD with a full body workout called Accelerated Body Sculpting. It is aimed at shrinking, toning and strengthening all parts of the body. It offers you the benefits of Pilates, strengthening your core, improving flexibility, increasing endurance and body definition. For
- A complete Pilates workout is perfectly broken down into specific parts. You will be better able to focus on your fitness goals if your exercise program gives you the specific results you are looking for.
- This sequence of exercises is very effective for muscle building and weight loss.
- The second DVD in the set is relatively short, but the workout is intense and ideal for intermediate and advanced level people.
- Not all discs are suitable for beginners or people with muscle damage, with the exception of the first DVD.
Marie Winsor, the author and trainer of this Pilates DVD, is a widely known and respected Pilates instructor. He is credited with making Pilates popular and accessible to the general public. Winsor’s innovative workout is a dynamic sequence based on the teachings of Joseph Pilates. In this video, Marie Winsor explains each move step by step so viewers understand what it’s for and how to do it correctly. This DVD is perfect for outdoor activities if you have a portable DVD player.
7. Pilates for beginners and advanced students
With this Pilates training DVD, also a set of 3 DVDs, you can start training and progress at your own pace. Disc 1 – Pilates for the inflexible, Disc 2 – Pilates for weight loss and Disc 3 – Pilates for body sculpting and toning. The DVD set includes over 40 treatments to help you achieve your goals, whether it’s weight loss or toning. It is ideal for beginners, because even if you think you are stiff and unable to perform the Pilates poses you often see, you can easily learn to be flexible enough for Pilates with this program. Duration: 360 minutes For
- Customized treatments meet a wide variety of needs.
- Contains a wide range of poses that are taught and modified to help beginners and advanced students.
- Contains sections on yoga
- The courses are suitable for beginners, advanced and experienced Pilates practitioners.
- Includes 15 individual training sessions on the mat.
- Contains a wide range of exercises to lose weight or shape the body.
- A menu allows you to choose the workout that fits your schedule and physical needs.
- A common comment about this DVD set is that there are some exercises where the trainer gives you the basics and you are expected to perform them yourself without video. Other than this format, there are no other points we can discuss about the program.
8. STOTT Pilates Advanced Reformer
The STOTT Pilates Advanced Training DVD program contains a total of 57 exercises. If you are not familiar with STOTT PILATES®, it is a form of Pilates that emphasizes the use of equipment. This type of Pilates, called biomechanical principles, includes specific exercises that require more strength, balance and coordination. It is more suitable for experienced people and experts. This program requires equipment such as a reformer box, a platform extension, a maple bar and 3 pounds. Tonic balls, mats and grip mats. For
- Advanced and experienced Pilates practitioners will find this DVD useful for improving the effectiveness of their training.
- Advanced exercises on the STOTT mat burn calories, shape and tone muscles, and develop balance and inner strength like no other.
- The sequence of exercises in the STOTT system is not as taxing on the back as classical Pilates.
- It’s not for beginners.
- STOTT does not have some of the advanced movements of classical Pilates, so a combination of the two is offered for those who want a full Pilates experience.
- On the DVD, it is not possible to skip chapters or turn off the commentary.
9. Pilates New York Style Level 3 – Advanced
This program is an advanced Pilates workout. What sets it apart from the other programs or DVDs on this list is that it combines the principles of yoga and Pilates and has even coined a term for it: Yogilates. For
- This Pilates DVD is perfect for those looking for a more intense workout.
- The combination of effective Pilates and short but intense classes is perfect for people with an active lifestyle.
- A combination of yoga and Pilates improves flexibility and endurance. It’s also a great way to alternate your regular Pilates classes.
- As this DVD is intended for level 3 Pilates practitioners, you cannot use this DVD to introduce beginners to Pilates.
In essence, Pilates integrates yoga into the workout. Joseph Pilates studied different fitness regimes to develop Pilates. But Jonathan Urla, author of New York Style Pilates, took it a step or two further. Urla is a Pilates instructor, ACE certified health coach and vinyasa yoga teacher. Her expertise in Pilates and yoga has been helping people for over 25 years. A former athlete and professional dancer, Jonathan Urla studied yoga and Pilates to strengthen his body. He eventually developed an improved approach to Pilates that became popular and recognized as effective. He was able to explain complex ideas in an accessible way so that the benefits of Pilates could be better understood. He combined these methods and founded Yogilates in 1997 to enable others to achieve optimum fitness and health. The merger caused a sensation, and Urla became a household name after several fitness and health publications in magazines and on television. When you purchase New York Style Level 3 Advanced Pilates, you can count on clear instructions, effective workouts and ultimately a healthier, leaner body.
10. Lara Hudson 10 Minute Solutions Pilates
This Pilates workout DVD is the solution for many employees who don’t have enough time to work out. Even if you only have ten minutes, you can grab a Pilates mat and start strengthening your body and shaping your muscles. In just five to ten minutes, you can do a full set of Pilates exercises every day. For
- Each segment demonstrates the basic essence of Pilates and teaches control, breathing and core strengthening.
- The poses and movements are both simple and complex, making them suitable for beginners and advanced Pilates students.
- The courses are divided according to the intended muscle groups. The first three are aimed at the abs, buttocks, thighs and so on.
- This is a full body workout in just ten minutes, requiring you to perform quick, fluid movements in the remaining segments, followed by stretching.
- Lara Hudson, the instructor of the video, makes the exercises easy to do for everyone. She talks to you in private and speaks very clearly.
- Hudson also provides helpful tips on the little things you can do to maximize your results.
- The only drawback we can point to is the need to use 2 to 3 pound dumbbells.
11. STOTT PILATES Extreme Pilates – strength and flexibility on the mat
This STOTT program is designed for advanced students. This mat workout focuses on strengthening and stabilizing the arms, legs and core. Ideal for fitness enthusiasts, this workout will help you overwork your muscles, prevent injury and improve your strength, flexibility and coordination. Duration: 87 minutes For
- The training level is advanced, ideal for those looking for a more intense workout.
- Contains 59 exercises.
- The whole body, from shoulders to feet.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- Only one mat is needed for the class, so if you have other Pilates equipment, you don’t need it.
The instructor in this video is John Gary. He is a Merrithew™ Master Instructor and specializes in STOTT Pilates, athletic training and performance training.
12. Kristin McGee Weight Loss Pilates
The program is designed to help you lose weight. McGee encourages you to do Pilates and eat right. That’s why this DVD workout comes with a free booklet called Eat Smart. It includes tips and recipes that you can try at home. Cook a nutritious and delicious meal and lose weight at the same time with Cooking Light recipes. Duration: 50 minutes For
- The program is simple, but contains all the tools you need to reach your weight loss goals.
- Combines classic Pilates with other calorie-burning cardio exercises.
- When you follow the program, you burn calories and build muscle at the same time.
- Attached is a bonus section called Ab Blast.
- Provides a safe, effective and efficient way to get in shape fast.
- Those looking for a complete Pilates workout will have to look at other DVDs.
The author of this Pilates training DVD is Christine McGee. She is also a master trainer and teaches at Reebok, The Sports Club LA, etc. Let her show you the wonderful benefits of Pilates. It will teach you step by step in an easy to learn way. Many users remark that Kristin’s dynamic personality is the real asset of her Pilates DVDs. Your natural charisma and positivity will motivate you during your training. And if she does what she says, everyone should try this ten-minute workout.Pilates is an exercise system that focuses on core strengthening and relaxation. It comes from the mind of Joseph Pilates, a former German gymnast and ballet dancer who suffered an injury that left him with severe chronic pain. Pilates is an intense workout that combines elements of dance, machine, and core training. It is primarily used to improve posture, strengthen the core, and relieve back pain.. Read more about best pilates dvd for back pain and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best Pilates DVD for beginners?
I was recently asked to provide a list of my top Pilates DVDs for beginners, so I thought I’d do a quick post about some of the best Pilates DVDs for beginners. These are the ones I’ve used in my own Pilates classes and so they may not be perfect for you, but they’re a good place to start if you’re looking for some new moves. While Pilates is for every body, it’s a good idea to start with a beginner DVD for ones first workout. The videos are less intense than the advanced routines, which can be a good way to build strength while still increasing flexibility. The first DVD we’ll look at is Sweat with Pilates by Paul and Chris, which is a 30-minute instructional workout of core strength, balance and cardio. Designed for newbies and those with a little Pilates experience, this DVD is a great way to get started.
What is the best Pilates DVD to do at home?
Pilates was developed over 100 years ago to help people in rehabilitation regain strength and flexibility. The system has been used by people of all ages, but it’s not intended for use by children. However, there are some DVD’s that you can use to work out at home or in a Pilates class. Here are twelve of the best Pilates DVDs for beginners, intermediate and advanced students. There are so many Pilates DVDs out there, and so many more being made all the time. This is why we at Raisemd have chosen to focus on the best DVDs for beginners, intermediates and advanced students.
Is 20 minutes of Pilates a day enough?
I’ve been using Pilates for the last 7 years but I’m only a beginner compared to most of the people here! So I decided to buy a few DVDs and see if it helped me to achieve new goals in terms of flexibility and balance. I’ll just share the best 5 DVDs from the list I bought. Pilates is one of the most popular exercise programs in the world. It is very popular and is used by many people all around the world, including celebrities like Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow. The workout involves using your own body weight, as opposed to a weight machine. There are many benefits to doing Pilates, including an improved core, toned arms and legs, and improved flexibility. There are many different kinds of Pilates that one can do, such as the mat Pilates, Chair Pilates, and using a machine, such as the Reformer.
pilates reformer dvd for beginnersbest pilates videos for weight losspilates dvd for seniorsbest pilates dvd for back painstott pilates dvdpilates dvd for over 50,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,pilates reformer dvd for beginners,best pilates videos for weight loss,pilates dvd for seniors,best pilates dvd for back pain,stott pilates dvd,pilates dvd for over 50,winsor pilates dvds,pilates dvd series