Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – 2g net carbs These Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a perfect treat to start your day. Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – 2g net carbs These Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a perfect treat to start your day. They can be enjoyed at breakfast or as a snack. They are easy to make and will become a favorite in your house.
Lemon poppy seed muffins are one of my all time favorite breakfast items. They are great when you are craving something sweet, and the best part is that each muffin is only about 8-10 grams net carbs! That is less than half of what you would find in a typical store bought muffin. These muffins are also very versatile. You can easily switch up the flavors to your liking. I have made blueberry muffins, chocolate chip muffins, and even bacon, egg & cheese muffins.
Lemon poppy seed muffins may be the toughest baked good to low-carb. The sweet, sugary glaze that tops off a traditional muffin makes them almost impossible to replicate without some form of sugar. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this classic treat in a healthier version. In fact, you can sub out refined sugar for a sweet-tart combination of lemon juice and poppy seeds, which results in muffins that are just as moist and flavorful as their carb-heavy counterparts.This article contains affiliate links, and we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase on our website. These tender, super moist grain free muffins are the best keto lemon poppy seed muffins. Delicious, flavorful lemon muffins that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for a quick keto breakfast or an afternoon treat. I’m a big fan of keto pastries and anything lemony, especially when the weather gets warmer. This spring I received a huge amount of fresh lemons from a friend. I honestly didn’t know what to do with so many lemons, other than make keto lemonade with electrolytes and my favorite keto lemon cookies. Lemons are full of flavor, and it’s always a good idea to make delicious sugar-free desserts with them. If you’re short on time and want to make the quickest lemon dessert, try my one minute lemon poppy seed cake – super delicious!
Lemon Keto Muffin Ingredients
I’m sure you already have most of these ingredients at home, as they are the most commonly used in keto baking. Here’s everything you need:
- Keto flour: Almond flour and golden flaxseed flour – coconut flour can be used instead of flaxseed flour.
- Sweetener– I always recommend using your favorite sweetener, but I like to use a mixture of monk fruit and erythritol because it has no aftertaste. This mixture is slightly sweeter than sugar, so you can use less than in a classic muffin recipe. You can use my code LOWCARBSPARK10 to get $10 off!
- Eggs– Always use eggs at room temperature, as this greatly reduces the flavor of the eggs.
- Butter–I only had unsalted butter and added a pinch of salt. You can use unsalted butter and not add salt.
- Heavy cream –If you want to make paleo muffins, replace dairy with coconut products, such as. B. Coconut cream or coconut oil.
- Lemon– One big juicy lemon is just enough to flavor these fantastic almond flour keto muffins. We will use both the zest and juice of the lemon.
- Vanilla extract: Quality is always paramount, so make sure you buy natural vanilla extract.
How to make lemon keto muffins
They are incredibly easy to make in just a few steps:
- Preheat the oven and line a muffin tin with ramekins.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients into a frothy mass
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve as is, or make a keto cream cheese frosting.
Lemon ice cream for sugar free muffins
To make these muffins even tastier, make this easy keto glaze to drizzle over the top. You only need three simple ingredients: Sweetener, almond milk (or water) and lemon juice.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup sweetener and 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice or more until you have the perfect consistency.
- Pour the sugar-free frosting over the freshly baked lemon muffins and enjoy.
Keto cupcake memory
Store Lemon Poppy Seed Keto Muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Freeze the muffins in a zip-lock bag for up to 2 months. Thaw on the countertop, then warm in the microwave for 30 seconds. They taste like they just came out of the oven. Don’t forget to drizzle them with sugar-free icing or a delicious glaze.
Looking for more keto recipes with lemon? Try this:
These tender, super moist grain free muffins are the best keto lemon poppy seed muffins. Delicious, flavorful lemon muffins that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for a quick keto breakfast or an afternoon treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone baking cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: Almond flour, flaxseed meal, sweetener, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, softened butter and whipped cream until smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest and stir again.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients into a smooth muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool completely in the pan.
- Serve the cake as is or top it off with a keto cream frosting.
The macros are calculated for the cupcake without frosting. If you decide to make the frosting, that adds another gram of carbs per serving. For example, a keto muffin with cream cheese frosting has 3 grams of net carbs. Nutritional information Quantity per serving. How do we calculate the nutritional information? Nutritional information was extracted from the nutritional information in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food database. Our nutritional information is accurate, but if you use other products, make your own calculations. The net amount of carbohydrate is calculated by subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols, since they do not raise blood sugar. Tags keto cupcakes, lemon desserts.
Sign up now!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and be the first to receive the latest recipes, updates and special offers.
You have successfully subscribed to our mailing list. With the ketogenic diet becoming more popular, healthier recipes are popping up to cater to the increased demand. These Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a fantastic example of this. With only 3.5 net carbs per serving, these muffins are low enough in carbohydrates to fit into any keto diet. Each muffin also contains a whopping 15g of protein and 13g of fiber, which will keep you feeling full and satiated for quite some time.. Read more about keto lemon poppy seed mug cake and let us know what you think.
keto poppy seed muffinsketo poppy seed cakeketo lemon ricotta poppy seed muffinsketo lemon poppy seed mug cakeketo lemon muffinspoppy seed keto recipe,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,keto poppy seed muffins,keto poppy seed cake,keto lemon ricotta poppy seed muffins,keto lemon poppy seed mug cake,keto lemon muffins,poppy seed keto recipe,keto lemon poppy seed cookies,vegan keto lemon poppy seed muffins