If you’re looking for a dish that will help keep you on track with keto, look no further than this low carb cauliflower casserole. It’s wonderfully creamy and full of flavor, with just a hint of heat from red pepper flakes. This recipe is a great keto side dish, and pairs well with most main courses.
The ketogenic diet is the latest trend in weight loss, with more and more people following this lifestyle and losing weight. The keto diet is high in fat and low in carbohydrates, meaning that you eat mostly fat and carbs are limited, a state known as ketosis.
We really like easy keto stews!
There’s nothing like this stuffed cauliflower dish to top off a steak meal. It has all the qualities of a classic casserole with melted cheese and bacon, but with bits of cauliflower instead of the usual high-carb potatoes. Cauliflower sautéed in oil, topped with creamy, cheesy flavors and garnished with crispy bacon and green onions….. is a paradise for the taste buds, bite after bite.
Did you know that a medium (regular) baked potato contains an average of 33 grams of net carbs, while a cup of roasted cauliflower contains only 3 grams of net carbs!
That’s a difference of 30 grams of net carbs per serving! Less is often more. And when it comes to carbs, this keto casserole is no exception.
Here are some tips for making this cauliflower keto casserole:
- Use a reusable condiment bottle to baste the sour cream perfectly every time. These bottles are also perfect for making homemade salad dressing and barbecue sauce. (They’re also great for holding paint and glue for art projects and DIY).
- For small pots and pans, I love my CorningWare 4-piece pan set! It is colorful and the size is unique. A low 12×9 inch baking dish, perfect for this cauliflower dish, is included. This set seems to be sold out everywhere, but you can find similar items on Amazon.
- Want that pan to be the star of the show and a meal in itself? Add shredded or diced chicken and you have a delicious low-carb meal the whole family will love!
- Although fresh cauliflower is best for this recipe, you can try using frozen cauliflower by pre-cooking the florets to reduce the amount of moisture that can enter the pan.
Cauliflower dish with Keto Charge
.. : 6 SERIES
Preparation time: 10 MINUTES
Cooking time: 35 MINUTES
Total time : 45 MINUTES
Cauliflower sautéed in oil mixed with cream cheese, topped with crispy bacon and green onions…. Yummy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), divided into small florets
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 Becher saure Sahne, aufgeteilt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar-jack cheese mixture, divided
- 4 slices of thick-smoked bacon, brown and crispy, cut into slices/chips
- 3 green onions (only the white and light green parts), separated and finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, stir the cauliflower florets with the melted butter, sea salt and black pepper. When the cauliflower is well coated, place it in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the same bowl, add the softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 1 cup of grated cheese and half of the green onions. Mix until well blended, but make sure the mixture is thick.
Lightly spray a 1.5- to 2-inch square baking dish with water. Place the roasted cauliflower on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the cauliflower. Then gently press the mixture into the cauliflower layer with a spatula.
Sprinkle with bacon, then remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Return to the oven and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Put the remaining sour cream in a ziplock bag and cut off a corner (or you can use a squeeze bottle) and squeeze the sour cream into the baking dish in a zigzag motion. If you like, you can serve the sour cream on the side.
Sprinkle the remaining spring onions on top. Have fun!
Demand: 6 servings, serving size: about 1 cup
169 calories | 14 g fat | 7 g total carbohydrates | 3 g fiber | 6 g protein | 4 g net carbs
Provided for you by
Double it to feed a whole crowd!
This low-carb cauliflower dish is easy to double. It’s a great side dish for steak, chicken or grilled burgers without the bun. It’s also a hearty and nutritious main dish, whether you’re making it for a group or want to keep leftovers!
Serve this cauliflower dish with a perfectly cooked steak!
keto loaded cauliflower bakequick keto cauliflower recipeshealthy keto cauliflower recipesketo cauliflower and broccoli bakeketo cauliflower casserole with chickenketo loaded cauliflower mash,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,keto loaded cauliflower bake,quick keto cauliflower recipes,healthy keto cauliflower recipes,keto cauliflower and broccoli bake,the yummiest loaded cauliflower recipe ever,keto cauliflower casserole with chicken,keto loaded cauliflower mash,keto loaded cauliflower salad